Run With Us
If you're ready to come join us for a run then here's what you do:
Meet us on Temescal Canyon Rd on Sunday Morning ready to run. See below for map and meeting time.
That's it! Enjoy a wonderful run through the mountains with us.
If you need more information, please keep reading...
Why join the Trail Runners Club?
The Trail Runners Club meets every Sunday to run on beautiful courses in the Santa Monica mountains away from the noise, smells and dangers of urban Los Angeles. Most courses consist of a combination of fire roads and single-track trails. We have over 40 different courses so we take a new route almost every week. Most courses are between 8 and 12 miles. We have members from all walks of life and at every skill level. All courses are clearly marked specifically for our run so you don't have to worry about getting lost! We mark every possible turn off, so if you come across an unmarked intersection you probably missed a turn. Just back track until you find the turn off. We haven't lost anyone yet. ;)
Our "main group" consists of most members. It's the best place to start for new members as it gives you a chance to get used to course markings and have a relaxing first run. Our "fast group" consists of members that like to blast through quickly. If you like to run with others that's great! There are lots of members at different paces that would love some company. If you like to run alone, that's great too! Just follow the arrows and you won't get lost.
Immediately after each run, we relax and have refreshments.
So you're ready to get started? We thought so! Read the guidelines then show up at our meeting place on Sunday at the right time for the group you'd like to run with. Bring along a completed application and water. We'll see you there! :)
Partial List of Benefits
- Variety of course types and distances
- Enjoy the wondrous beauty and freedom of the mountains
- Camaraderie with fellow trail runners & opportunity to meet for weekday runs
- Access to and guidance along the many mountain trails & fire roads
- Member discount with some local merchants
- Organized trips to exciting trail running destinations
- Ernie Chalekson, Director
- Bob Soper, Treasurer
- Avalon Johnson, Fundamental and Social Director
- Ann Ongena, Publicity and Vanguard Director
- Art Byrne, Operations Directory and Secretary
- Kai Yen, Webmaster
- Stan Swartz--Director Emeritus