New Years letter & info club membership 2015
Hello Trail runners;
a brand new 2015 is upon us, so it's time to write to you with some important news.
Overall, 2014 has been a great and cheerful year with lots of wonderful memories, but as all of you know, it ended with the sudden passing of our beloved friend and fierce club leader Ernie. We were in shock and disbelieve, how were we going to keep the club running without him?
Bob, Avalon, Art and me (Ann) created “team Ernie” and together we worked hard to keep the club runs organized, just like he did for so many years.
Now that we’re at the start of a new year, it’s time to go ahead with a new club management, so may I introduce you to:
- Bob Soper: Treasurer
- Art Byrne: Secretary & Director of operations
- Avalon Johnson: Director of social affairs
- Ann Ongena: Club Director
We will continue to work as a team and hope you members will all join in to help us making this trail running club better than ever. It will be a work in progress and as we weren’t prepared for this I’d like to ask you some patience.
Our running club membership at the Road Runners Club of America is ready to be renewed, the club website is cleaned up a bit; the new run schedule for the first half of 2015 is up and running with now a set trail head start time of 7am. No special event weekend run for the spring is scheduled yet, but we’re working on it, so stay tuned as that will be added to the current run schedule later on. Next big step will be refreshing the website with a new design but as that takes a lot of time and some learning, it’s the last thing on the list for now, so bear with me.
First things first: start fresh in the New Year!
We will work with a yearly membership: January 1 - December 31 of each calendar year. Every club member shall fill in an online registration form at the beginning of each new year so that we always have the correct and most current information. The membership fee is $35 and we’re adding the option for a family membership of $50. Dues will be paid with a check or in cash. (As soon as all the club administration is transferred we will most likely set up a PayPal club account for the future option of online payment.)
What we want EVERYONE to do:
1. Go to this link and register online: http://goo.gl/forms/wfZOTRXIG2
Everyone has to register with this form. This will be the new club members email list for the year 2015. It’s easy and quick, you can do it on a smart phone or computer.
2. If the last time you paid club membership is before the date of September 31; 2014 then you write a check with the amount of the 2015 fee and bring that in or mail it in as soon as possible.
3. If you recently became a member and paid dues after October 1; 2014 then you let me know per email after you registered with the online form. Once I double checked with our latest records you won’t have to pay extra membership fees and will be good until December 31; 2015.
Happy New Year, let’s wish for many trail (s)miles in 2015,